Here’s a preview video of the new Starboard 12′0″ x 33″ Atlas SUP stand up paddle board sent to us by Margareta, Starboard’s marketing manager. In the video, Scott McKercher gives us some info on the design of this new all-around SUP board.
Board specifications taken from Starboard’s site:
TOUR THE WORLD WITH YOUR ATLAS. THE 12′0″ X 33″ WIDE-BODY HULL WITH VOLUMINOUS MIDDLE RAILS, CREATES A STABLE PLATFORM WITH GOOD GLIDE.
The Atlas was inspired by our long time friend Elling Balhald. He felt that despite Starboard having the world’s largest Paddleboard offering, no shape was perfect for middle to heavy weight new-comers to the sport wanting to explore coastlines, lakes, rivers and yet have a board to check out local breaks. The length and smooth rocker promotes good glide for riders at all levels. Generous nose kick and ample tail kick makes it an easy board to catch waves with. The thin nose profile helps keeping the swing weight down.
“Mono concave merging to a flat V”
- Scratch resistant silver epoxy rails.
- 4mm 3/4 DECK PAD square-groove traction EVA standing area
- 2mm EVA fore and aft of standing area
- Startouch deck traction on the nose area
- Mast foot inserts are provided on most models
- Footstrap inserts for windsurfing on most models under 10′
- All middle fins in Blue Hexcel
- Side fins in Blue Hexcel for pro models and flex fins for the rest
- Scratch and ding resistant Cyan epoxy rails
- Full 2mm EVA deck pads on boards over 10 with extra comfy 4mm square-grooved traction standing area
- Boards under 10 come standard with a 2mm thick deck pad with extra comfy 4mm square-grooved traction standing area
- Ultralight Startouch traction system on the nose of boards less than 10
- All center fins come standard in blue Hexcel
- Flex side fins included
- Scratch and ding resistant Blue epoxy rail finish
- Ultralight Startouch deck traction
- Center fins matching Blue Hexcel construction
- Side flex fins included
- Experience the quality of Starboard in a value AST offering
- A selection of our 6 most popular shapes are available with minimalistic graphics (Whopper, Drive, Blend, Big Easy, Atlas, and 12′6 Race)
- Drake injection molded middle fins
- No side fins supplied other than on the Whopper
DIMENSIONS Length 12′0″ (365.8 cm) Width 33″ (83.8 cm) Thickness 5.0″ (12.7 cm) Tail Width 16.8″ (42.6 cm) Volume (236 L)
THRUSTER Center Fin
AVAILABLE TECHNOLOGIES SILVER, CANDY, BLUE, & WHITE